Thursday, April 26, 2012

Past Projects and Upcoming Recipes

I recently moved into a new apartment and have not cooked much because there is ALWAYS something else to do...like random projects I've found on Pinterest...you can follow me Here =) 


for example:






But anywho...this post is about Recipes. I will be on vacation for about two weeks (to see the love of my life...my man who is FINALLY moving back to the States after living in Japan for years and years and years!). After my vacation, I am planning on making the following recipes and will let you know how they go!

The first one I snagged from THE DON'T EAT CRAP BLOG LINK

Quinoa with Black Beans and Corn original recipe from allrecipes.com.
Serves: 10 Calories: 76 per serving – about 1/2 c. servings.
Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels (I use canned)
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I usually omit)
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic (and zucchini), and saute until lightly browned.
Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a light boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes,
Stir corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans and top with cilantro if you choose.



The next recipe is one I probably found on Pinterest 

Szechuan Tofu & Green Bean Stir Fry
Szechuan Tofu & Green Bean Stir-Fry Recipe

The last one is a must for a nice first breakfast at my new place with my great Man!
I borrowed it from HERE

Coconut Pancakes!

Full of good stuff (flax seeds, almond milk, and egg whites) YUM!

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment